Build a beautiful bookcase without breaking the bank! This seemingly simple bookcase is built using limited tools and limited materials. Our detailed plans will give you everything you need to create either a sleek and modern One-Sheet Bookcase (60″ Tall x 9 3/4″ Deep x 30 1/4″ Wide) or a more traditional Two-Sheet Bookcase (60 3/4″ Tall x 11 3/4″ Deep x 33 1/2″ Wide). The three-hour video series specifically covers the more complex Two-Sheet Bookcase, since the same tools and techniques are employed to create the simpler One-Sheet version.
What You’ll Receive:
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file for both both versions of the bookcase.
- Over three hours of detailed video instruction showing every step of the build, from wood selection to finishing. Closed Captioning available.
What You’ll Learn:
- Breaking down plywood with a circular saw
- How to make a circular saw track
- Making dados and rabbets with a router
- Assembling casework
- Face frame assembly
- Working with molding and edging
- Pre-finishing with gel stain
What you’ll need:
- Circular Saw
- Router (with rabbeting bit and a small Ogee profile bit)
- Miter Saw (you can substitute with a traditional hand saw and miter box)
- I also used a brad nailer, but that’s optional.
- Plywood and trim that can be sourced from any home center