The Shaker Table defines beauty and simplicity. This classic design will help you hone your skills in numerous areas including mortise and tenon joints, tapered legs, and hand-cut half-blind dovetails just to name a few. In this video set, I show two versions of the table build. One primarily focused on power tools and a second primarily focused on alternative and hand tool methods.
What You’ll Receive:
- Detailed cut list and plans including a Cut List and a SketchUp file.
- Hours of detailed video instruction showing every step of the build, from wood selection to finishing.
What You’ll Learn:
- Tapered Legs (by tapering jig and using hand planes)
- Mortise & tenon joints
- Hand-cut half-blind dovetails
- Drawer construction and fitting
- Dados and grooves with hand tools and power tools
- Drawer guide construction and installation
- Creating beveled edges with hand tools and power tools
- Finishing with an oil/varnish blend
- Avoiding blotching in cherry
What You’ll Need:
- Jointer, Planer, Tablesaw, Bandsaw
- Miter Saw, Drill, Router, Router Table