This project series is taught by guest instructor Matt Cremona.
A Sofa Table is a welcome addition to any home. Whether against the wall or behind an actual sofa, the table brings equal doses of beauty and functionality. The table measures 46″ Wide x 35.5″ Tall x 16.5″ Deep.
What You’ll Receive:
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (metric and imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction (14 videos) showing every step of the build, from wood selection to finishing.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase. Closed Captioning available.
What You’ll Learn:
- Lumber/grain selection
- Properly executed bread board ends
- Dovetail socket joinery
- Double/twin tenon joinery
- Stub tenon joinery
- Traditional dovetailed drawer construction
- Simple inlay
- Wiping varnish finishing
What You’ll Need:
- Jointer, Planer, Table Saw, Band Saw, Router with edge guide and 1/4″ guide bushing, Drill, Hollow Chisel Mortiser, Sander
- 1/8″, 1/4″ and 1/2″ Spiral Straight Bits
- 1/4″, 3/8″ and 7/8″ Forstner bit (drilling out the dovetail socket waste in the leg)
- 3/16″ Drill Bit (brad point preferred)
- 7/32″ round file
- Ratchet, 1/4″ socket, and driver bit OR right angle screw driver
- Shoulder plane
- Chisels: 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/2″, and 3/4″ or wider
- Dovetail saw
- Coping saw
- Flush trim saw
- Marking knife
- Marking Gauge
- Card Scraper
- #4 Hand plane
- block plane
Nice to Have:
- Drum Sander for sizing the inlay banding
- Dowel plate for making the pins, alternatively store bought dowel stock can be used
- Router Plane
- Drawing bow
- Compass Plane
- Dovetail marker