What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction showing every step of the build process.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download on Dec 9th
What will I learn?
- Stepped mortise & tenon joint
- Danish cord flat weave pattern
- Danish soap finish
What will I need?
- TOOL LIST:
- Power tools
- Table saw (general work and cutting tenons)
- Bandsaw (selecting straight grain)
- Thickness Planer
- Drill press (mortises) – Nova Drill Press
- Bench top model – https://amzn.to/3UqWCOt
- Floor stand model – https://www.grizzly.com/
products/teknatool-nova- viking-16-floor-model-drill- press/t32590
- Pantorouter (mortise & tenon option)
- Marking gauge
- Router plane
- Fractional dial calipers – https://amzn.to/3Uh9FBG
- Rasp or coarse half round file – https://amzn.to/3NtBNj3
- Hand drill
- Hacksaw (cutting steel rod) – https://amzn.to/3zHB2Nv
- Tac hammer – https://amzn.to/3fqdZ37
- Nail set (optional)
- Staple gun for securing cord with 7/32 crown – https://amzn.to/3FGmEJf
- Staples – 7/32 Crown 5/8 length (tacs optional) – https://amzn.to/3NxAqzF
- Wire cutters or similar for cutting cord – https://amzn.to/3DWY8Cg
- Needle nose pliers for adjusting cord nails – https://amzn.to/3h2ucf7
- Pick tool – “L” shaped – https://amzn.to/3FH4qqU
- Awl (to start cord nails)
- Sanding block – https://amzn.to/3fwi6ul
- Power tools
- Primary hardwood for legs (oak, ash, walnut or similar)
- Secondary hardwood for rails (beech, maple or similar)
- Cord nails- 2 boxes – https://www.caneandbasket.com/
- Danish paper cord – 10 lbs spool 3mm dia. (~290 meters actually used.) “Laced” or “Unlaced” texture will work. Video shows “unlaced” – https://www.caneandbasket.com/
- Leather for feet pads (optional)
- 5/16” or 8mm steel rod – https://amzn.to/3fvVbiJ