What You’ll Receive:
- A workflow document laying out each step so you can follow along with the video.
- A printable template PDF (DXF file also available).
- This project differs from many of our other Guild projects in that it does not come with a full SketchUp plan due to its simplicity. We do, however, include files for making your own templates as well as a step by step instruction sheet. If you would rather purchase the templates instead of making them, we have those available here.
What You’ll Learn:
- Bandsawing curves
- Template routing
- Using a template carriage
- How to make inlaid half-lap joints
- Error repair
- Making a homemade doweling jig
- Proper chisel technique
- Creating square mortises for ebony plugs
- Finishing with a wiping varnish
What You’ll Need:
- Tablesaw (alternatives: Circular Saw, Bandsaw, Hand Saw)
- Planer/Jointer (alternative: purchase pre-milled lumber kits or use hand planes)
- Bandsaw (alternative: Jigsaw)
- Router Table (alternative: Hand-Held Router)
- Miter Saw (alternative: Cross-cut Sled or Miter Gauge at Table Saw)
- Drill Press (alternative: Drill/Driver)
- Hand Tools – Chisels, Scrapers
*Important Note* – The G&G Mirror Frame was originally filmed for DVD and is not quite up to the same quality level as other Guild projects. The price reflects that. Unfortunately, the video does not cover two important details. First, is the process of making a template from a print-out. Please reference one of the many free project videos on The Wood Whisperer site where I demonstrate that process. Here’s one example. Second is the process of cutting and pillowing the ebony plugs. You can find information on that process in this free video.
The provided cut list includes all of the information you'll need to order stock for your project. Project kits of stock are available if you would like to simplify the process.
1 Lesson Included
Greene & Greene Inspired Mirror Frame
How to make a unique and stylish Greene & Greene inspired mirror frame.