What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial). Main project is a King size bed but we will provide measured drawings and a cut list for Queen as well.
- Hours of detailed video instruction (9 videos in total) showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
What will I learn?
- Wood selection
- 4-Way bookmatch
- Knock-down hardware solutions
- Large sliding dovetails
- Mortise and tenon joinery
- Tapered legs
- Half-lap joinery
- Pillowing back slats
- Finishing with Rubio Monocoat
What will I need?
- Materials: 17 BF of 4/4 Hardwood, 10 BF of 5/4 Hardwood, 32 BF of 8/4 Hardwood, and one sheet of 3/4″ plywood.
Tools: Jointer, planer, miter saw, band saw, table saw, router with edge guide, router table, chisels, flush trim saw & rasp (for rounding tenons), drill press, Circular saw or track saw (for cutting down plywood slats)
- Blades & Bits: Dado stack, 1” forstner bit, 3/4” forstner bit (for pre-drilling mortises), 1/2” upcut spiral router bit, 14 degree 7/8”L dovetail bit (#7695), Flush Trim bit, drill bit slightly larger than 1/4” for bed bolt, 23/64” bit for threaded inserts, 1/8” roundover bit
Hardware: TWO 1/4-20 threaded inserts , TWO 3 1/2” bolts with lock washers and regular washers