What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction (11 videos in total) showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
What will I learn?
- Designing to fit within a space
- Creating a curved template
- Creating a curved bending form
- Sizing laminations
- Bent lamination with a vacuum press
- Vacuum press alternatives (discussion)
- Aging brass
- Clever half-lap style joinery
- Mortise and tenon joinery
- Aging brass
- Finishing with Rubio Monocoat
What will I need?
Materials: 5 BF of 4/4 Hardwood, 4 BF of 8/4 Hardwood, three 3/8″ Brass Dowels, and one 1/8″ Brass Dowel
Please note that not all of these tools are absolutely required and alternatives should always be considered.
- Bandsaw, Circular Saw (or Track Saw), Drill, Oscillating Spindle Sander, Disc Sander, Drum Sander (or Planer) for cleaning up laminations, Vacuum Press (optional – a clamping form can also be used), Jointer, Planer, Miter Saw, Table Saw, Dado Stack, Router with edge guide, Chisels.
- Curved Drawing Templates
- Lee Valley Drawing Bows
Bits & Stuff
- Amana Countersink Bit
- Infinity Mega Flush Trim Bit (#06-692) Note that any top-bearing flush trim bit will work.
- 1/4″ Up-cut Spiral bit MLCS #5146
- 3/8″ Brad Point Bit
- Metal cutting saw to cut brass dowels
- 1/8″ roundover bit
- 1/8″ Brad Point Bit