What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction (24 videos in total) showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
What will I learn?
- Material selection
- Faux frame & panel construction
- Mortise & tenon joinery
- Knock-down joinery options
- Drawer construction
- Installation of soft-close drawer slides
- Custom sculpted drawer pulls
- Cutting curves
- Knife hinge installation
- Door with muntins
- Magnetic Catches
- Cable management
- Installation of hidden wireless charging
- Bleaching wood with wood bleach
- Hidden drawer design/construction
- Oil/wax finishing
What will I need?
These are approximate numbers. You’ll want to buy more for waste and grain selection.
- 7 Board Feet of 8/4 Hardwood
- 22 Board Feet of 5/4 Hardwood
- 20 Board Feet of 4/4 Hardwood
- 10 Board Feet of 4/4 Secondary Hardwood (for drawers)
- 2 Sheets of 3/4″ Plywood (Primary Species)
- 1 Sheet of 1/4″ Plywood (Secondary Species)
Note: This is not a required list of tools. This is simply what I used during the build. Remember, there are always multiple ways to accomplish a task so if you don’t have one or more of these tools, you can very likely still make this project.
- Planer/Jointer (alternatives: purchase pre-milled lumber kits or use hand planes)
- Tablesaw with a Miter Gauge or sled
- Dado Stack
- Router Table
- Miter Saw (for rough-cutting lumber)
- Random Orbit Sander
- Hand Tools – Chisels, Block Plane, Card Scraper, Router plane
- Daly’s Wood Bleach
- 3/8″ rare earth magnet
- 2.5″ In-Desk USB 3/SD Card Hub
- 4″ Cabinet Fan
- Leviton 15-amp Receptacle with USB and USB-C
- Wireless Charger
- In-Drawer Receptacle
- Blum Tandem Plus Blumotion 21″ Undermount Slides B.563F5330B
- Left Locking Device B.T51.1801L
- Right Locking Device B.T51.1801R
- Template (Jig) for Installing Tandem Slides B.T65.1600.01