What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (metric and imperial).
- A special bonus plan for a scaled-down version of the table we call the Gaming Coffee Table.
- Hours of detailed video instruction (13 videos) showing every step of the build, from wood selection to finishing, plus one additional video showing highlights of the Gaming Coffee Table build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase. Closed Captioning available.
What will I learn?
- Wood Selection
- Mortise & Tenon Joinery
- How to Make Large Proud Bridle Joints
- Making a T-Slot Accessory Rail
- Lamination for Thick Legs
- Cutting Tapers
- Making Shop-Made Jigs
- Cutting Home-Sawn Veneer
- Mitering plywood panels
- Using a Vacuum Press For Veneering
- Applying Speed Cloth to an Insert
- Cutting Plexiglass Inserts
- Making Accessories for an Accessory Rail
- Shellac and Wiping Poly Finish
- How to Polish a Finish
What will I need?
Lumber estimate: 10 BF of 4/4 stock, 46 BF 8/4 stock, 2 sheets of 3/4″ plywood, and 1 sheet of 1/4″ plywood. Bell Forest Lumber Kits available here (Guild members get 10% off with code).
- Jointer, Planer, Table Saw, Chop Saw, Band Saw, Router w/ Edge Guide, Drill
- Rockler T-Slot Bit
- T-Slot Bolts (1 1/2″ 1/4-20)
- Brass Knurled Nuts
- 1/4″ – 1/2″ Spiral Straight Bit (for router-cut mortises)
- 1/4″ Spiral Straight Bit
- 1/2″ Router Guide Bushing
- 1/4″ Drill Bit (Brad Point preferred)
- 1/2″ Forstner Bit
Nice to Have:
Drum Sander & Vacuum Press – The table top, as shown, is made from a plywood core and shop-made veneer. You could eliminate the need for a Drum Sander by purchasing commercial veneer. You could also eliminate the need for a Vacuum Press by constructing a shop-made veneer press. Finally, you can eliminate both the Drum Sander and Vacuum Press by simply purchasing high-quality plywood with the face veneer of your choosing. Note that you’ll need to make some minor changes to the plan to account for a thinner top.