This is an Advanced Project!
Advanced does not necessarily mean DIFFICULT. It simply means that there won’t be quite as much hand-holding as we normally feature in Guild projects. Philip uses very specific tools (such as the Pantarouter) in his work. While there are alternative options and he discusses and partially demonstrates them, this series doesn’t cover them completely. An experienced woodworker should have no problem substituting their own joinery preferences and tools.
What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
What will I learn?
- Learn to make bridle joints
- Mortise and tenon joinery
- Using spoke shave, hand planes to shape parts
- Slip tenon joinery
- Using templates and jigs for pattern routing to produce accurate and efficient parts
- Use an “L” fence effectively
- Importance of reference faces
- Coping on table saw
- Veneering for panels
What will I need?
Minimum material required: 3 BF of 4/4 Hardwood, 5 BF of 5/4 Hardwood, 10 BF of 8/4 Hardwood, 8 Sq Ft of Veneer (Accent Species), 1 Sheet 1/2″ Plywood
- Tools: Table saw, bandsaw, jigsaw, miter saw, router, jointer, planer, drill, sander.
- More refined list of required tools coming soon.