Special thanks to our project Sponsor Eagle America!
What You’ll Receive
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction (6 videos in total) showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download after checkout.
What You’ll Learn
- Milling Techniques
- Miter Joints
- Half-Lap Joints
- Bridle Joints
- Miters on the Table Saw
- Miters on the Chop Saw
- Grooves at the Table Saw
- Coves at the Table Saw
- Rabbets on the Table Saw and Router Table
- Texturing Wood
- Frame Assembly
- Finishing with Wiping Varnish
- Finishing With Lacquer
- Picture Hanging Solutions
- Glass vs Plexiglass
What You’ll Need
This project series consists of five unique frames and we show you a variety of ways to get the job done. If you don’t have a particular tool listed below, remember that there’s always another way to get the job done.
- Jointer, Planer, Table Saw
- Gooseneck scraper
- Miter Gauge
- Chop Saw
- Makita Die Grinder (Textured Frame)
- Oval Carving Burr (Textured Frame)
Nice to Have Stuff:
6 Lessons Included
What to expect from this project series and the Free Tier.
Mitered Textured Frame
A frame with in a frame within a frame.
Mitered Coved Frame
A unique frame design that showcases beautiful grain.
Alternative Joinery Frames
Frames for those who hate miters.
A classicly-beautiful frame with an ornate profile.
Backers, Glass & Hanging
Learn how to protect the artwork and display your frames.