What You’ll Receive:
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Hours of detailed video instruction (11 videos in total) showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
What You’ll Learn
- Build strategy
- Lumber Selection
- Material layout
- Bridle Joints
- Drawbore Joinery
- Mortise and Tenon Joinery
- Cutting and refining curves
- Table top preparation
- Creating your own buttons for Top assembly
- Allowing for wood movement in a table top
- Through dovetails
- Box/ Case construction
- Shelf Installation
- Hinge installation
- Breadboard Panels
- Danish Oil Finishing
What You’ll Need:
Note: This is not a required list of tools. This is simply what I used during the build. Remember, there are always multiple ways to accomplish a task so if you don’t have one or more of these tools, you can very likely still make this project.
- Planer/Jointer (alternatives: purchase pre-milled lumber kits or use hand planes)
- Tablesaw with a Miter Gauge
- Dado Stack
- Miter Saw (for rough-cutting lumber)
- Domino or biscuit joiner (not required)
- Hand Tools – Chisels, Razor Saw, Shoulder Plane, Card Scraper, Dovetail Saw, Coping saw, Rasp, Low Angle Jack plane, marking gauge, dowel plate
- Router Bit – For mortising
- Drill Bit for drawbore pegs
- Countersink bit for button installation