What will I receive?
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial) and patterns.
- Hours of detailed video instruction (19 videos in total) showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
What will I learn?
- Walnut grain selection
- Using sleds for tricky cross-cuts
- Bevels and miter cuts
- Complex Domino joinery
- Alternative loose tenon construction (supplemental content from Marc)
- Clever glueup strategies
- Power carving curves
- Basic seat upholstery
What will I need?
Lumber estimate: 16 BF of 8/4 hardwood, 5 BF 6/4 hardwood, 4 BF 12/4 stock. Bell Forest Lumber Kits available here (Guild members get 10% off with code).
- Planer/Jointer (alternatives: purchase pre-milled lumber or use hand planes)
- Tablesaw with a Miter Gauge and/or sleds
- Bandsaw with at least 8″ resaw capacity
- 1/4 Roundover Bit
- Shallow Pattern Bit
- Top Bearing Pattern Bit for flush trimming
- Miter Saw
- Random Orbit Sander
- Circular Saw or Track Saw
- Angle grinder with carving tool
- Power planer (the hand-held kind) or a classic hand plane for tapering the legs